Thursday, February 5, 2009

In Those Jeans...

So many jeans are named but the whole ordeal of buying jeans is a real headache. I have to prepare my mind to go and shop for them because I ABSOLUTELY hate it. Like ok, when I find the right jeans it's magical.... other times, I want to pull my hair out.

Last night I was determined to find jeans that fit better and were more "mature" after my days of apple bottom's and skin tights. I dreaded going to the store. I made myself go. So far I'm 1-5 so those are some pretty good odds. Usually I'm 1-10 or worse. I can never get to .500 though.

Perhaps I need to spend more money on jeans and then I'll do better. I need help!!! Any other "blessed" females go through this??? Where do you get your jeans? I love to find a great new pair, but finding them is an ordeal. I need to just make a day of it.

It's not fair. All these low-rise things are just not practical. I'm not keen on showing my panties nor am I fond of crackin out. The whole extra-bootcut thing isn't working for me. And skinny jeans? lol. Can a thick girl really wear skinny jeans properly? They aren't for us. (personal opinion) I do find that Apple Bottom's account for what we need. Most of the backs of the jeans actually curve up to account for the extraness that is back there which is FANTASTIC, but I don't want Apples on my boonki. They are the ONLY jeans that fit both my waist and my boonki.

I just have to go on and on... not everyone in my size has a big waist. MoF I don't understand how someone's waist could fit into the jeans AND into the booti part. I DONT want to have to take my jeans to get altered. That's not FAIR! I wish I could boycott jeans!!! I seriously wish that there could be a type of jean I loved and it was fairly inexpensive and I could buy all the jeans they made. Not so... BabyPhat, it depends on the cut and I'm honestly tired of cats on my boonki too.

I don't want jewels, animals, or any EXTRANESS on my booti. I'll take a letter possibly and a nice design. I saw some at Anthropology the other day, but they were $150... that does not register in my mind. lol. $150, they need to do more than sit on my boonki. I see why people make jeans a lot of the time because they are the most annoying thing to shop for but ooooh when you find the right pair.

When you find the right pair of jeans it's Heaven. You want to wear them ALL the time and with everything. You wished they had two pairs, but of course they only had one. You still float on cloud nine. When you go on a date (and jeans are the attire) you pull them out with the quickness.

I don't want to get jeans altered because the threads they use aren't the same, the creases aren't as "manufactured" and it just doesn't fit right. I do remember on one episode of "Tim Gunn's Guide To Style" they took the person to a tailor who had different color threads and everything, but if I wanted to pay a zillion dollars for jeans I'd just buy the ones that fit.

I really can't stand shopping for jeans... and *sigh* I wish there were solutions.

1 comment:

  1. LOL you should go shopping with Eb, she nearly has a dissertation about Jeans and how much she hates not having options. But yeah, Apple Bottoms are sadly what work the best for her.

    ReplyDelete