Friday, February 6, 2009

My New Love... My First Love...

When I met you, it was hard to understand you. At first I simply passed by because you were too complex for me. I skipped along to the more familiar

I've known you for a while now. You make me smile. I feel those childhood memories come back everytime I see you. I feel at home with you. Your words make my heart race. Your feet pace and I want to be just like you. Used to want to be your first.

When I learned more about you I was intrigued. Every movement, every conversation, every time I saw you my heart raced.

I left you. Stopped seeing you. I had a new love.

The more I learned about you, the more I saw myself. You take your time with everything, you're selfless. You weren't contrived, you were real.

You started to be to change too much for me. It was hard to keep up. It was like you changed with the season and I couldn't take this roller coaster anymore.

Although I didn't see you as frequently, the time we had was memorable. Every time my heart was pacing and I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. Our time together although sparce meant so much more. Our love was long-distance

You were close to me. I saw you frequently. My time with you was special, but I knew if I didn't see you today, I'd see you tomorrow. You became nothing special to me. I took you for granted... damnit.

Now you're gone. And my weeks will tend to be long.

Now you're here. And I feel like a kid again. I can't stop gig-a-lin. You make me feel so real. I've missed you.

Goodbye NFL.
Hello NBA... again...

4 comments:

  1. lol... man I haven't been watching it in so long. It truly is my addiction and if/when I start watching it again I know it will be game over. I was watching Sportscenter last night and I can't explain how happy I was... lols. I'm such a dude... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. But who do you support out there in Oregon? Seahawks? And since your Trailblazers have Greg, I gotta support somewhat. You still have love for V. Carter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I still loathe them. You know me, I've never been a team person. I'll let you know, I have just come back into the swing of things. Yes me and V.Carter are still happy :D lol.

    ReplyDelete