Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yes you can have my number, no you can't call me. (lol)

I must let it be known that I am a softy. Clearly too soft because I've given my number to some lame dudes lately. Not just random people. People from work and church. It can be hard to not give your number to someone you'll see every day. Sometimes I see it as an easy way out. I can give you my number and as long as I have yours I can always miss your calls... or I can not give you my number and, like this one guy is doing, have to hear about it every daggum day. *sigh* I promise you maybe my standards are just too high. Sorry I don't want to date someone I work with... just not my steelo. As far as people at church... sometimes we exchange numbers so that we all can keep involved. Nothing more. It's not cute for you to text me to try to get me to contact you back. No thanks. Don't ask me what I like in a guy because on a "tell it like it is" day I will promptly say "not you". Just because we go to church together DOES NOT mean that we have something in common. lol.

Just because I'm single does not mean I'm interested in you. Let us not forget the dude from the gym that was so pressed that he couldn't stop telling me about how he played for the Ravens and was friends with some lame celebrity, I don't even remember.

Dear gentlemen,

Be who you are. Think something of yourself. We love if you think we're great women, time for you to think you're a great man. Not cocky, just confident. After all if you don't think you're a great man, why would we? Have something you love that you do, it'll make you happy and it'll give you something to share with us that keeps us intrigued. It doesn't have to be your occupation, just something you're passionate about. Relax. You don't have to be a Bible scholar, but have some desire to serve God. Chillax. Relax relax relax. Just be cool ice cold. We could write a series of books on body language. We're generally clear on interest. Nice is one thing. Notice the difference between nice and interested. Yes hard-to-get makes that a little more confusing.. but just chill. Promise you we'll give you a sign, a smile, a wink, something. Generally if you open your mouth and tell us you're interested we can tell you whether or not we are.

...to be continued

1 comment: