Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Return of the Bugaboo ADSL Vol. 1

Mmmmmmmmmmmk so I couldn't wait to get home and write this blog... lol

Going to the gym and being a woman about your business isn't easy nowadays. lol. I go to the gym 3 times a week and I just got back to my regular schedule. lol. So I go to the daggum gym and it's great. I know a lot of the regulars in there and everything seems normal. Besides the fact that all these resolutionaries are up in there messin up my flow. No offense to those of you just starting your workout grind. I get an attitude anytime I got in the gym and I can't get my workout down smoothly. Machines are packed, people aren't aware of gym etiquette, etc. Soooo I'm minding my own business on my elliptical machine (yes I think I own it, whatev! I do what I want. I'm polite, but when I'm working out... I'm focused) Aaaanywho oh let me back up... while I was doing my warm up lap and stretch I noticed someone I hadn't seen before downstairs, nothing big. Just stretching out. I always notice the new people because generally... those are the one's to watch out for as far as guys go. Those are the one's that want to know how serious you are about your workout, know what your name is, etc.

So now... I'm on the elliptical machine. Doin the do, watching Serena play tennis *reminds me to check on the score* and then Mr. Newby comes upstairs. I keep focused and I notice him coming by so I just glance and nod as I do most people to keep from being too rude. *rolls eyes* lol. Well, that was too much. Then he decides to come over and speak so I remove one of my earbuds and have small talk. Keeping my pace, glancing at the TV to make it apparent that I AM working out and I AM watching TV. Didn't work. Dis nucca... diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis neighbor!!! Ladies if you don't know likening a new relationship to Michelle and Barack is the new thing. LOL! He made several references to Barack and Michelle. God and all that. Talked a pretty good game. Seemed to have a good head on his shoulders, but a neighbor was pressed. lol. He even took it upon himself to show me a picture he had on the background on his phone of Michelle and Barack and say that that's what he's striving for. He asked the basic status questions, single? kids? etc... lol. diiiiiiis nucca! lolol ok. So he asked for my number. no. He asked again... no. He talked a little, said he's a good man and I'm a good woman and God wants good people together yadda yadda, then asked for the number AGAIN... no! Said something about prayer and then mentions that he prays for his wife every day. RED FLAG... nig... lol! Ha-whaaaaaat? Later on I confronted him on the wife comment like... "how do you ask and be married???" and he said something about being out of that relationship for 13 mos.

He persists... Told him that if God wants him to be with me, turning him down won't stop Him. No need to exchange numbers now or tell you my workout schedule. lol. So then there's small talk. I'm cracking up. I could have been rude, but I entertained it. He asked about taking me out... no. He offered to give his number. no. Mercy I can't even remember all the things he said. Apparently this dude is about to play Safety for the Ravens... PAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! A likely story. ROTFL! And he begged and begged and begged. Whined and whined. LOLOL. To which I just laughed. Got off the machine... *comments about... roooooooooooooooooooolls eyes, a waste of time.* I wipe the machine down and head for my warm down lap. He's following me... my nig... FOLLOWING ME. So I'm like, "Look I need to walk this lap and I don't have time, you either need to keep up or not". He keeps up. lol. Says some mess about being Jamie Foxx's BFF... LOL ... and that they're just alike. Did he think I was born yesterday?? I don't even remember what else. I do know that he talked about how he was playing basketball the other day and had folks watching all intently. Dunking and 3's and whatever. wow... lol. So then I go into the weight room, he STILL follows me, but I put on my other earbud and get to work. I don't play when it comes to my weight room!

Anyhow I went on about my business. Talked to my folks. Did my thang. Tried to duck and dodge just in case dude was out there when I left. HILARIO! Had to share because... lol... although going to the gym is a wonderful thing to do and is so exhilarating, sometimes... SOMETIMES... you want to punch someone in the face if they don't get out of your face.

lol that is my rant... my rant... I had to let it out. It made my night! lol. I may start wearing a wedding band to the gym... lol. jp :p


Here's a checklist for some newbies:
#1 WEAR headphones and on blast. If not on blast, just make sure that you know how to effectively act as if you don't hear someone.

#2 Be focused. Know what you are doing, know where things are at. If you look like you don't know where you are going, or what you are doing, there WILL be someone there to "help" you.

#3 Have some safety buddies. Some people that you know you can talk to at any point and they can rescue you. These can be personal friends or simply people you know or see all the time in the gym. (Just make sure they won't potentially become a bugaboo)


All you gymheads. Please leave your stories brief or otherwise and any tips...

All guys want a girl who works out... but sometimes you just want to work out... lol

8 comments:

  1. And you complain you can't meet any men!!! Just kidding, I'm a guy and I get bothered when dudes are so obviously pressed.

    Oh and if you figure out how to get people to comment on the blog and not on facebook let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's madd funny!! Not the story. the comment. He can't get people to comment here either! HIlarious. One of many reasons I can't bother with a blog.
    Anyway, I'm amazed at how persistent these kats can be after hearing "no" so many times. By the third "no" I'd have been in my car sobbing uncontrollably. Gotta give him points for persistence even if he's still in the negative.
    Thanks for reminding me. I gotta get my flex on. I gotta get my stuff in order so I can hit the gym next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny rant Alexis. These guys in the gym are off the chain. You're right (know what you are doing, know where things are at). There WILL always be someone trying to "help you with that". Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Dre, I was just about to ask you how you do it. I'm actually trying to figure out how to write a note and take away the comment section so they have to comment here. Calvin I will persist because people WILL comment on my blog (see 3 above comments :) ) I'll take it slow. lol.

    lol, yes I can't stand it. I didn't come here to meet people! I came to get my workout on. Yeah a friend of mine actually was like, "you egged him on" and admittedly I did because it was entertaining. lol. It made my stint on the elliptical to go much faster and I laughed. Believe me I could have been rude. Only thing I think about now is if I will see him in there again... if so, there will be another note. lol. Yes ma'am you have to know what it be like up in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After the first no from a woman I'm changing machines and telling her have a nice day, lol. I'm not begging for anything, thats wild. If what he says is true, he is an amazing basketball player who commands attention, a possible safety for the Ravens, and is Best Friends with Jamie Foxx. YEAH. LOL doesn't make sense how some dudes got to lie when they get their game on, they should be impressive enough without the lies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safety for the Ravens? What happened to Ed Reed and Justin Leonhard? Lol. Hilarious.

    And Calvin, if you would contribute we could get more comments...just sayin'. So get to writing...if you write it, they will come...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree Theo (now no need for pseudo-names... lol. We steady comment to names)

    Yeah he laid it on thick. Steven, he came all the way upstairs to the cardio area and then didn't get anything done... how un-serious was he about his workout? gah!

    ReplyDelete