Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Today the feeling cannot be described in mere words. It's electric. I may not be in DC, but I can feel it. I think no matter where you are, there is a feeling you get. This morning I couldn't decide what to wear, my heart kept racing. It can't be duplicated. I drove to the gas station and Starbucks to pick up the newspapers for today and will definitely be there bright and early tomorrow morning. I pray for the Obama families and for Black America today. I pray that this is not just a fad or a fly-by-night change we are making.

President Obama always speaks of change, but he is not doing it alone. Where are the community organizers? I'm ready to start working. I'm ready to get my hands dirty in order to clean up some things in my community. I'm ready to make a difference more than ever before. Yes because Obama has asked for it. I feel it is my duty as a newly proud American citizen to put action to the phrase "Yes WE Can"... remember we didn't say "Yes he can", so go on get out and do something!

I'm very excited to head to the movie theater to watch the events. Even if I don't make it over there, I will surely be watching it live. Bump work today, I can definitely put it off for tomorrow.

How is everyone feeling at this time?

Whether there in DC or at your respective homes, please share what is your feeling about all this?

Take the wheel...

1 comment:

  1. Nice...but you cannot compare your experience to being there. Seriously, it was more than electric. It was like eating an amazing dessert for the first time, then realizing that the dessert is also the healthiest food you can eat. Or better than the best mango. Or whatever. I can't described it! Totally amazing. Despite the trials during the 'leaving of DC' experience...(I will write about it soon)

    ReplyDelete