Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reality TV is edu-ma-cational


Okey dokes so yes I am addicted to The Hills... and more recently The City.

I just have to say something I've learned because reality TV can in fact be educational... lol

I'm a little bitter because The City is over for right now. But there are some things I've observed about Whitney that I am proud of. Here are the different scenerios (I know I'm a very sad soul):

  • They work for DVF (Diane von Furstenberg, huge designer) and anywho they had to pull a "look" for the girl on the cover of a big magazine. They tasked two girls to do it. Whitney pulled the look that everyone LOVED and it ended up on the cover. When she pulled it Olivia (other girl) said she didn't like it and didn't even want to pull it. Once it was revealed that Whitney's choices won Olivia took all of the credit completely. Not only that, but it was the talk of DVF to different executives. It came around to time to pick a girl to go to London and the gentleman representing London asked about the cover... Olivia again took credit and when confronted (finally) about it... she laughed it off. Anywho, this along with other Whitnissues had Whitney off her game and she blew her chance to go to London. She's realizing that she should focus on work more and do what she can to advance her career. Really this is something that I could relate to as far as focus and I am glad to see a different perspective of things. When you see things from the outside they are more clear. Whitney should have come up with a way to let it be known that she pulled the look without being caddy. Also she still should have pressed her way to impress the London gentleman no matter who he thought pulled the look. She could have impressed him, but she allowed her boy-troubles and Olivia get in her way. Never let anything get in your way.
  • Jay... what do I say? First of all Whitney shouldn't have been so close to this man before she moved to New York and then gotten into a relationship with him shortly after she moved out there. It associates the city with him. He picked out her apartment. He's showed her all these places, etc... She made him New York. (She was warned by Olivia... who actually has good advice, she just doesn't have any heart... she's pretty rough). This guy took advantage of Whitney's availability and began to take her for granted. Eventually they broke up after he did several careless things and he said he needed to be alone. She was hurt it took her off her game. He came back and told her that he's realized during their break that he loved her... seemed like the perfect words and all sappy and things... well she said "too little too late" that she needs to focus on her work and things. She has purposed in her heart to take a new route and I was proud of her for sticking to it even after he said some things that other women would have melted over.
Anywho... nobody I know watches this show so I blog about it... alas *sigh* I am a sad case. There are only a few shows I watch and this is one of them... sadly... lol

2 comments:

  1. LOL.. I LOVE both shows as well... I am so addicted. They are very entertaining and fun. Really excited about season 5 of The Hills. Do you like Harlem Heights on BET?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched it yet, but I saw a commercial the other day. Have you? Is it good?? uh oh... lol. I don't watch much TV, but usually when I'm flippin I'll find another random show to love. :)

    ReplyDelete